W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > April to June 2010

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-15: Action items, issues, decision policy, task forces, TPAC

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:46:44 -0400
Message-ID: <4BC5D554.7080305@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2010-04-15 for 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

       http://timeanddate.com/s/1ph7

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Paul Cotton

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thu Apr 15
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

   a) ACTION-165: Draft a proposal for accessibility of canvas
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/165
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/addimagemaptocanvas
      We have at least one proposal for canvas accessibility.
      Proposal: close this action.

   b) ACTION-138: Produce an ARIA matrix based on Henri's work
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0134.html
      Status: in the 4 Apr meeting, we agreed to proceed by opening a bug
      report, and marking that as NEEDINFO.  That was done (bug 9326),
      and other bugs are being filed and resolved and/or escalated.
      Proposal: close this action.

   c) ACTION-29: Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible
                 license
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29
      Proposal: PLH to provide an update on this item at the telecon

   d) ACTION-175: Follow-up on defining and extending the profile
                  attribute
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/175
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0384.html
      https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=518110#c2
      As near as I can tell, the current status is that if Mozilla is
      willing to patch their browser to remove the DOM API for the
      profile attribute, Ian is willing to remove the last mention of
      the profile attribute from the HTML5 specification.  In any case,
      this action is complete.
      Proposal: close this action; determine if another action is
                warranted.

   e) ACTION-177: Open a bug about HTML elements mapping to ARIA and
                  A11y APIs
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/177
      http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9326
      Bug has been opened.
      Proposal: close this action.

   f) ACTION-178: Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use
         of the text/html mime type
      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/178
      Proposal: PLH to provide an update on this item at the telecon

2. Issues with deadlines due by April 15:
    http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

    Issue-9: video-accessibility
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
    Proposal: Defer to Task Force agenda item

    Issue-27: rel-ownership
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27
    http://www.w3.org/2010/04/08-html-wg-minutes.html#item03
    Last status: "related Internet Draft is not yet progressed and the
      action may not be done if the registry is not yet available"
    Proposal: (briefly) discuss whether we still feel like testing is
      still necessary, and (if so) decide on a new date.

    Issue 94: webcoresplit
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/94
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0176.html
    Last status: change proposal does not contain sufficient detail
    Proposal: close without prejudice

3. WG Decision Policy update (Maciej)
    Current decision policy:
      http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
    Editor's draft:
      http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html

    a) Decision policy issues addressed as of Apr 14:

       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8896
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9007
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9283
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9313
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9316
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9317
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9318

    b) Decision policy issues pending as of Apr 14:
       http://tinyurl.com/ygc6uw8

       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8891
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8892
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8893
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8894
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8895
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9187
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9284
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9314
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9315
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9334

4. Items that close next week (by Thu Apr 22)

    Issue-82 profile-disambiguation
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82

5. New Calls for Proposals/Counter Proposals/Consensus this Week

    No chair initiated calls for proposals, but items to focus on this
    week:

     Issue 56: urls-webarch
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0312.html
       Would appreciate feedback from the IRIbis WG on Ian's proposed
       changes to the IRI spec.  If these changes are acceptable, a CfC
       with amicable resolution will be issued.

     Issue 82: profile-disambiguation
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0306.html
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0384.html
       Joshua has provided a patch for Mozilla, and Ian indicated that
       he was waiting on that, now that it is available, is it time to
       issue a CfC predicated on the removal of the DOM API for the
       profile attribute?

     Issue 86: atom-id-stability
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0291.html
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0333.html
       Appears to be some support for removing the API to produce an
       Atom feed from HTML.  Before proceeding any further, is this
       something that anybody would object to?

     Issue 88: content-language-multiple
       Some discussion is still going, if this is not on a clear track to
       consensus, we will likely start a poll.

     Issue 107: plugin-fallback-example
       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0395.html
       We have a change proposal.  Given the narrow scope of this issue,
       is amicable consensus likely?  If not, proceeding directly to
       calls for counter proposals seems in order.

6. New Issues This Week:

    Issue-109: change ARIA section title and add extra text about use of
               ARIA
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109
    http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9437

    Issue-110: Change Control for text/html-sandboxed media type
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/110
    http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8321#c17
    http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9503

7. Task Force Status Reports

     A. Testing

     B. Accessibility

        Update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues
        Last update: http://tinyurl.com/ya2lnd9

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9 - video accessibility
          http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_MultitrackAPI
          http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_TextAssociations
          "API discussion into the Working Group by next week" (1 April)
          "text association: won't be sooner than May"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30 - longdesc
          http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/longdesc
          http://tinyurl.com/yyonee2
          http://tinyurl.com/yd2bnsy
          "April 22"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31 - missing-alt
          http://tinyurl.com/y853snb
          http://tinyurl.com/y9m2edz
          http://tinyurl.com/ydh5qc5
          "April 22...if we make good progress at the f2f"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32 - table-summary
          http://tinyurl.com/y2ca6gw
          http://tinyurl.com/yaahx8y
          May be blocking issue 92
          "no earlier than 29 Apr"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/66 - image-analysis
          http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImageHeuristics
          http://tinyurl.com/ye59e4x
          http://tinyurl.com/y8pzk9u
          "we'll need to look at the new proposals and comment on them"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/74 - canvas-
            accessibility
          http://tinyurl.com/yctgpyr
          http://tinyurl.com/y4saulh
          "part can be moved into the HTML WG now"; rest "April 15"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/80 - title-alternative
          http://tinyurl.com/yd9pe89
          http://tinyurl.com/ybbctzt
          "April 22"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/85 - anchor roles
          http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ARIAonanchor
          "I'll add it to the a11y tf agenda"

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105 - canvas usemap
          http://tinyurl.com/yafea8l
          *new*

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/109 - ARIA section
            title
          *new*

8. TPAC schedule

    Nov 1-5 Lyon, France
    Propose HTML WG Meeting on 4th and 5th
    WebApps WG meeting on 1st and 2nd
    Possible ECMA TC 39 meeting on 1st and 2nd
    Estimated attendance for HTML WG meeting: 40
    Will produce a signup sheet

9. Scribe for next meeting

    Volunteers?

10. Other Business

    TBD

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 14 April 2010 14:47:15 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:08:40 UTC