Re: JPEG Quality test

Sure,

Just to be sure, this is the mailing list for the test suite that
generates this report, right?
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/reporting/report.htm

At least that's where I found the email to begin with.

Assuming that's true, my questions regard these specific test cases:

canvas(toDataURL.jpeg.alpha.html ):
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/approved/canvas/toDataURL.jpeg.alpha.html
canvas(toDataURL.jpeg.quality.basic.html ):
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/approved/canvas/toDataURL.jpeg.quality.basic.html
canvas(toDataURL.jpeg.quality.notnumber.html ):
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/approved/canvas/toDataURL.jpeg.quality.notnumber.html
canvas(toDataURL.jpeg.quality.outsiderange.html ):
http://test.w3.org/html/tests/approved/canvas/toDataURL.jpeg.quality.outsiderange.html

All those tests will automatically pass if the returned data from
toDataURL("image/jpeg") does not contain the mime type image/jpeg.
That seems like very odd behaviour, since it is the explicit jpeg
encoding that is being tested. So my question, once again, is, what is
the reason for that? Wouldn't it make more sense to fail a browser if
it doesn't do the jpeg encoding?

Best regards,
Jakob