JPEG Quality test

From: Jakob Nilsson-Ehle <jnehle@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 18:42:52 +0100
To: public-html-testsuite@w3.org
Hi,

I recently stumbled across the test suite while trying to solve a few
problems I'm having with Chrome and Firefox toDataUrl implementation
with image/jpeg encoding.

In most of the tests regarding canvas jpeg encoding, the test will
automatically pass if the browser doesn't support. If there a reason
for this? Seems to me that it makes more sense to fail the browser on
the jpeg specifics if it doesn't support jpeg and instead passing it
on the toDataURL.unrecognized if it successfully falls back to png.

Best regards,
Jakob