Re: Test harness requirements

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <gsneddon@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:09:52 +0200
To: Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
CC: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "public-html-testsuite@w3.org" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
On 04/05/10 15:50, Kris Krueger wrote:
> We should plan that we'll need to add to this ability over time as we test more complex parts of HTML5.
>
> This current test works fine with a synchronous design, so any objects to approving?

As was said on the previous telecon, neither myself nor James have any
objection to approving the test as is; however, I still think we do need
to design the harness to deal with everything it needs to do initially,
as a number of test harness really suffer from having things like
support for async tests hacked on to them at a later date. This will
mean moving tests already approved over to a new harness at a later
date, and that we probably don't want to approve large test suites until
we know what the API will be.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com/>