Re: A potential compromise on EME?

Hi,

As a person whose interest lies in education, and whose constituents are
students and their family members, I would just rather avoid a world
where we impose restrictions on sharing information, whether that be the
media itself or the means to reverse technological restrictions.

To be clear, I do not mind if people pay for media; I just do not want
systems where we impose restrictions on what people do with their
media--to do so flies in the face of education and risks to further
pigeon-hole people into classes divided by access and wealth. This is
one of the reasons why we would do better to just take DRM off the table
completely.

...those are my two cents. Now I need to get back to teaching music.

Thanks!

Devin

Cory Doctorow:

--