W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > July 2017

Re: Disposition of Comments for Encrypted Media Extensions and Director's decision

From: Zak Rogoff <zak@fsf.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 10:53:48 -0400
To: plh@w3.org, public-html-media@w3.org
Message-ID: <7bfffb0a-3c02-c957-6140-224d41481bfc@fsf.org>

Thanks for the update.

You mention that formal publication of Encrypted Media Extensions will
happen at a later date, and the version of EME which I understand to be
canonical still says that it is a Proposed Recommendation:

A few questions:

Are there any more decision-making steps which EME still must go through
to reach Recommendation?

If not, why is formal publication delayed?

Also, is it still possible for the AC to appeal it?


Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation

@zakkai | zakkkko.com
PGP: 82DE8D64B5090AC8
Received on Thursday, 6 July 2017 14:54:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 6 July 2017 14:54:21 UTC