Can EME reach Recommendation without a charter extension?

From: Zak Rogoff <zak@fsf.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 15:15:53 -0500
To: public-html-media@w3.org
Hello,

I hope everyone had a nice holiday season and new year. I was hoping you
could answer two questions about the status of EME:

Will a charter extension be necessary before EME can reach Proposed
Recommendation or Recommendation?

Is there a deadline for the Advisory Committee's decision regarding the
charter extension? When this Working Group asked the Director for a
charter extension, he declined to decide and delegated the decision to
the Advisory Committee. However, that was months ago.

Thank you

--
Zak Rogoff // Campaigns Manager
Free Software Foundation