Re: Formal objections to Encrypted Media Extensions

Hi Cory

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 18:07 , Cory Doctorow <cory@eff.org> wrote:
>
> Unless, of course, those legislative issues relate to software patents
> and their interference with open standardisation, in which case the W3C
> has proved to be the very best place to address this issue.

Thank you for those nice words about the w3c and its policies!

> The de novo anticircumvention rights that EME hands to members who
> participate in this WG

I don’t think EME hands any rights to anyone. It’s just an interface. But we’re now back in the discussion we held, in depth, leading up to the AC meeting and its panel discussion. I think we covered that ground pretty thoroughly then, and I suspect no-one will thank us for re-visiting it.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.