HME WG and Web & TV IG joint TPAC discussions

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 20:35:54 +0000
To: "Vickers, Mark" <Mark_Vickers@cable.comcast.com>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, "giuseppep@opera.com" <giuseppep@opera.com>
CC: "Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org)" <plh@w3.org>, "'public-html-media@w3.org'" <public-html-media@w3.org>, "public-web-and-tv@w3.org" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
I believe it would be useful for the Web & TV IG and the HTML Media Extensions WG to hold some joint discussions at TPAC 2016 in Lisbon.

In particular as we reach the completion of MSE V1 and EME V1, I would like to recommend that look back on the original use cases [1-2] offered to the (then) HTML WG that caused the creation of the HTML WG Media Task Force and the MSE and EME specifications.

I think it would be useful to review which of the original use cases are handled by MSE V1 and EME V1 and whether there are outstanding original use cases or new use cases that the Web & TV IG thinks should be considered for any future work on by the HME WG.

I believe the IG and WG are both scheduled to meet on Mon and Tue Sep 19-20 is Lisbon.  Would it be appropriate to schedule such a joint meeting to discuss your current views on media use cases?

/paulc
HME WG Chair

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/MPTF/adbreq.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/MPTF/cpreq.html