Re: IE Blog Posting on HLS and DASH Type 1 support

Hi Jerry,

Congrats. I've got a few questions though:
1. Do all the URLs inside the manifests go through CORS verification?
2. What is mixed-content & tainting behavior if the manifests and/or
content URLs don't have the same origin or are a mix of http & https
content?

It would be good to get these behaviors specified in the HTML spec since
the current text seems to implicitly assume that the URL passed to .src is
the only URL that needs to be considered for media playback. The media URLs
in DASH & HLS manifests kind of violate that assumption. It would be nice
to get concensus on the appropriate behavior so everyone implements the
same thing and it is consistent with current web platform security best
practices.

Aaron