[encrypted-media] "tracked" sessions: Does "record of key usage" need not be updated each time a block is decrypted?

From: None via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:58:56 +0000
To: public-html-media@w3.org
ddorwin has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media:

== "tracked" sessions: Does "record of key usage" need not be updated
each time a block is decrypted? ==
Pull request #54 specifies that the _record of key usage_ be updated
every time a key is used to decrypt a block. I wonder whether we need
to _require_ this level of granularity. We should definitely be clear
about what authors can expect and the minimum granularity
implementations must achieve, but I'm not sure requiring
per-decrypted-block granularity is necessary to support the relevant
use cases for the `"tracked"` session feature.

The reasonable minimum granularity probably depends on when this
information is persisted. Thus, this issue is blocked on issue #82.
Issue #80, whether to track key or session usage, may also affect this
 issue.

See https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/83