Re: [streams-api] Seeking status of the Streams API spec

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:04:53 -0400
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>
CC: "Jerry Smith (WINDOWS)" <jdsmith@microsoft.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Feras Moussa <feras.moussa@hotmail.com>, "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Aaron Colwell <acolwell@google.com>
On 10/22/14 6:27 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:

> > given the magnitude of the changes in [changeset], a new WD should be
> published.
>
> Can we please wait until after the TPAC week to publish the proposed
> Streams heartbeat? Given the substantive changes being made here I
> think it would be best to have a WebApps WG discussion as proposed by
> Art [1] BEFORE publishing such a heartbeat.

I think the draft WD captures the recent developments and discussions
(certainly much better than the previous WD) so I prefer to go ahead
with the publication and if there are any issues, bugs, etc., they
should be raised via [1] (or [2] if applicable).

-AB

[1]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?component=Streams%20API&list_id=46026&product=WebAppsWG&resolution=---
[2] https://github.com/whatwg/streams/issues