RE: [EME] Editorship

Thanks. I’ll still be around for now and I can still help with MSE if necessary given the small amount of work expected there. The amount of work remaining to edit EME into shape is still significant and Jerry will be able to give David and Mark the level of support they need to make progress more quickly.

From: Aaron Colwell [mailto:acolwell@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:55 PM
To: Paul Cotton
Cc: public-html-media@w3.org; Adrian Bateman; David Dorwin (ddorwin@google.com); Mark Watson (watsonm@netflix.com); Jerry Smith (WINDOWS); Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)
Subject: Re: [EME] Editorship

I'd like to thank Adrian for his help with the MSE spec as well. Good luck to you in your new endeavors.

Aaron

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com<mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>> wrote:
Adrian Bateman has some new responsibilities at Microsoft and has decided it best to resign from being an editor of the EME spec.  I am sure the Media TF members will join the HTML WG Chairs in thanking Adrian for his work as one of the founding EME Editors.

The HTML WG Chairs have decided to appoint Jerry Smith to replace Adrian as an editor of the EME specification.  Jerry will join David Dorwin and Mark Watson as the EME Editors going forward.

Thank you to Jerry for agreeing to step up to this new role and thanks again to Adrian for his work as an EME Editor.

/paulc
HTML WG co-chair

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596<tel:%28425%29%20705-9596> Fax: (425) 936-7329<tel:%28425%29%20936-7329>