From: Aymeric Vitte [mailto:vitteaymeric@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:24 AM
To: Jay Munro
Cc: public-html-media@w3.org; acolwell@chromium.org; mike@w3.org
Subject: Re: Streaming with Media Source

Thanks, yes we can share experiences (I thought it was not implemented in FF, from which version?), I saw your tutorial already, very well explained, what I want to do is a bit different and very simple:

Usually you use something like <video src='movie.mp4' />, then you get the chunks via HTTP and the video is displayed.

I want to do exactly the same thing, I receive the chunks (from the Peersm protocol via WebSockets or WebRTC Data Channels) and MSE displays the movie.

I have read from some Aaron posts that MSE only works with fragmented files, in addition you have to submit the fragments as defined in the manifest file (or at least the initialization segment? I have not tested this for now).

It does not work for mp3 (as far as I saw the Web Audio API does not allow to do what I want to do too).

Format available inside the browsers are not numerous, now the API is rectricting to fragmented files, so I find it extremely limited.

I have some hard time believing that no API did envision that you might want to stream video and audio based on the received chunks, is it the case?

Do IE and FF only implement it too for fragmented files?

Regards

Aymeric

--
Peersm : http://www.peersm.com