RE: Streaming with Media Source

Thanks Aaron.

I changed the mimetype to take the codec and mimetype from the manifest listing (should have done that before), but it’s still having difficulties in Chrome.

From: acolwell@google.com [mailto:acolwell@google.com] On Behalf Of Aaron Colwell
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 10:23 AM
To: Jay Munro
Cc: Aymeric Vitte; public-html-media@w3.org
Subject: Re: Streaming with Media Source

Hi Jay,

I believe your demo should work if you specify the codecs you are using in the mimetype you pass to addSourceBuffer(). It looks like your code only passes in "video/mp4". Chrome requires that the codecs also be specified so you should pass in 'video/mp4;codecs="avc1.4d0020,mp4a.40.2"' since that appears to be what codecs are specified in the DASH manifest.

Aaron