Re: Streaming with Media Source

Hi Jay,

I did a little more investigation and Chrome is also having problems with
the large uuid box at the beginning of the file. This box appears to
contain some sort of Adobe specific header. If you simply strip it out of
the file, then this content should work with existing Chrome builds with no
problem. I'm planning on landing a change today that will allow our code to
properly skip & ignore this box. The fix should show up in Canary builds in
the next day or so.

On a completely separate note, you should not be referencing
WebKitMediaSource in your code unless you are intentionally targetting a
MediaSource implementation in WebKit that supports appendBuffer(). Chrome's
WebKitMediaSource implementation has never supported appendBuffer() so
unless you are targetting a non-Chrome implementation you should simply use
'mediaSource = new MediaSource()' and not 'mediaSource = new
(window.MediaSource || window.WebKitMediaSource)()'. The
"window.MediaSource || window.WebKitMediaSource" construct has shown up in
a lot of examples on the Internet, but since the synchronous append()
became the asynchronous appendBuffer() during standardization, the prefixed
API is not compatible with the non-prefixed one and so this construct won't
do what you hope it would. I'd appreciate it if you would update your
example so that others don't make the same mistake.

I hope this helps,

Aaron