EME heartbeat

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 00:48:21 +0000
To: "David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> (ddorwin@google.com)" <ddorwin@google.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
EME was last published as a Working Draft on the W3C TR page on Oct 22, 2013.  See http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-encrypted-media-20131022/

Given the number of changes that have been made to the specification since the last publication, I recommend that the Media TF discuss when a new heartbeat [1] EME document should be published.  My proposal is that we plan to publish a EME heartbeat document at the end of January and that we use the rest of this month to close as many of the remaining open bugs as possible.

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#three-month-rule

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329