Re: [MSE] Alternate proposal for resolving Bug 24370

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Aaron Colwell <acolwell@google.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > No. The web application adds default information to the trackDefaultList
> on
> > the SourceBuffer. The SourceBuffer code consults these defaults when data
> > gets appended that would result in xxxTrack objects getting created (ie
> when
> > the initialization segment received algorithm is invoked.)
>
> OK, thanks, I get it. Why would .trackDefaults be in every
> SourceBuffer object rather than just in the MediaSource ?

Because different SourceBuffer objects can have byte streams that contain
the same underlying byteStreamTrackID and there would be no way to
differentiate the two.
For example, in the case were a SourceBuffer is used for the audio track
and a different SourceBuffer is used for the video track, it is highly
likely that the track in each byte stream will have a byteStreamTrackID of
'1' because in each case there is only 1 track. Putting the defaults on the
MediaSource would require specifying a SourceBuffer parameter to
TrackDefaultList to disambiguate this case, which seems a little odd to me
since this is really a matter that is internal to the SourceBuffer and not
a MediaSource wide concern.

Aaron