Re: [DASH] [MSE] Summary of "Resolving Bug 24370" thread and proposed next steps

On Apr 9, 2014, at 23:46 , Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>> Um, no, IF it is in the file, it's in the kind user-data box in the track.
>
> It might be in a manifest, outside of the ISO BMFF file.

OK, we’re at cross purposes.  AFAIK, no-one is saying it has to be in the file, but that we want a standard place to put it so it can be.

When writing the HTML, if the item embedded in HTML is a DASH manifest, then yes, you look at that.  If the item is an MP4 file, look at that, and so on.  When writing the manifest, you might need to look at the embedded files to find their language and kind, and so on….

> Thanks,
>
> -- Pierre

>>> Yes. The "self-description" might not always be in the box specified
>>> at [1], and the suggestion is that MSE should support alternative