Re: [MSE] Establishing the Presentation Start Timestamp

 Kevin,

If I understand you correctly, you are proposing that a "preroll" state be
added that prevents a transition to HAVE_METADATA, but allows media
segments to be appended. Once the web application determines that it has
appended enough segments for the start time to be determined, it would call
a method to transition out of the "preroll" state and then the MediaSource
could determine the start time and allow the HTMLMediaElement.readyState to
transition to HAVE_METADATA. Is this correct?

I believe it should be relatively easy to modify the MediaSource object to
do this. If people are ok with this idea I can draft up some IDL and text
to give people a feel for what this could look like.

Aaron