W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-bugzilla@w3.org > April 2011

[Bug 12444] Canvas rendering should be done in linear color space (gamma 1) and the result displayed in sRGB color space (approximately gamma 2.2)

From: <bugzilla@jessica.w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 22:52:32 +0000
To: public-html-bugzilla@w3.org
Message-Id: <E1Q7y40-0006Li-UX@jessica.w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12444

Frank Olivier <franko@microsoft.com> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 CC|                            |franko@microsoft.com

--- Comment #1 from Frank Olivier <franko@microsoft.com> 2011-04-07 22:52:32 UTC ---
Please see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0144.html
for a discussion on HTML5 and color management. 
Also,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-canvas-api/2009OctDec/0001.html for
a discussion on color management and drawing images to canvas.

WRT "and the result displayed in sRGB color space (approximately gamma 2.2)"
from the bug title:

Based on data we collected some time ago, sRGB set as the display profile on
~70% of Windows PCs; the other 30% have a (non-sRGB) monitor-appropriate
profile assigned via Windows Update (most common) or the user calibration (less
common)

Wrt
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/the-canvas-element.html#color-spaces-and-color-correction
It would be more useful to define a working color space for canvas elements to
clarify canvas element color management.

-- 
Configure bugmail: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.
Received on Thursday, 7 April 2011 22:52:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 16:31:08 UTC