Re: process for getting ARIA in HTML to 1st public working draft

On 03/02/2015 07:43 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi all,
> The ARIA in HTML spec is getting close to the point (i think) where it
> will be ready for publication as a WD
> https://specs.webplatform.org/html-aria/webspecs/master/
>
> What is the process for making this happen?
>
> Note the html 5.1 nightly WAI-ARIA section has been updated to point to
> ARIA in HTML along with the Acc API spec
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/#wai-aria

After checking with the domain lead (PLH) and others, a new CfC for a
FPWD is required.  That being said: the presence of bugs (e.g. in the
links from and to the HTML spec) are not a concern.  And this document
can start out with the 2014 process, so a single CfC should suffice.
And finally, the fact that much of this content has previously been
published should make this easier.  This means that the WG review will
most likely focus on things like the status section.

Such a section is not present in the webplatform document you linked above.

Netting this all out: if you can work with Robin to prepare a version of
this document that would be suitable for publishing by Echidna[1], I can
start a CfC which will run for 7 days.  Once that is successfully
complete, you should be able to update the document at will.

https://github.com/w3c/echidna/wiki/How-to-use-Echidna