Re: process for getting ARIA in HTML to 1st public working draft

Steven Faulkner writes:
> Hi Paul,
>
> So I am presuming you simply want to publish a heartbeat for this
> > specification.  If so as Editor you can arrange to do this without any
> > explicit action by the HTML WG.
> >

> name confusion -
> Using WAI-ARIA in HTML
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-aria-in-html-20140626/
>
> and
> ARIA in HTML
> https://specs.webplatform.org/html-aria/webspecs/master/
>
> are different documents. 'ARIA in HTML' is the module spec that replaces
> the bulk of the content in the HTML5 WAI-ARIA section.

Ah! It also confused me.

The Status Section should clearly state this. Once again, we need the
meta data of the document to be publication ready, not just the
technical content.

Janina

> --
>
> Regards
>
> SteveF
> HTML 5.1 <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/>
>
> On 2 March 2015 at 07:38, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >  The ARIA in HTML spec was last published in Jun 2014:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-aria-in-html-20140626/
> >

> > So I am presuming you simply want to publish a heartbeat for this
> > specification.  If so as Editor you can arrange to do this without any
> > explicit action by the HTML WG.  See the HTML WG Work Mode material on
> > publication of heartbeats [1].
> >

> > /paulc
> >
> > HTML WG co-chair
> >

> > [1]
> > https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/WorkMode#The_Technical_Reports_Process_.28What_is_an_Editor.27s_Draft.3F.29
> >

> > Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> >
> > 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200
			sip:janina@asterisk.rednote.net
		Email:	janina@rednote.net

Linux Foundation Fellow