Re: Future of HTML Form HTTP Extensions

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> On 11/28/2014 06:50 AM, Cameron Jones wrote:
>

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Apologies for the delay in reply.
>>
>> I regard the extension specification as completed barring any further
>> bug reports or other feedback. There has been no further edits as all
>> feedback and issues have been addressed.
>>
>> I plan to continue to keep the document up to date and addressing
>> anything which may come up. I would ideally like to see some
>> implementations which i am also able to support in an ancillary manner.
>>
>> Open to any further progress or process for the specification, any
>> recommendations much appreciated.
>>

> Would you be OK with moving this to the 2014 process?  If so, the next
> step would be Candidate Recommendation.  The requirements for that are
> documented here:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#last-call

Sure.

> In particular, I'd like to draw your attention to the following bullet:
>
>     must document how adequate implementation experience will be
>     demonstrated
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

I haven't made any specific inquires to vendors regarding implementation
interest. Until this point the work has been in completing the
specification and having it open for review and feedback from all.

Given the progress and stability of the document, and further progression
towards CR, perhaps it would be useful to now solicit what interest there
is from vendors? I could put out a "call for implementation interest" on
public-html to see what the responses are?

To date there has been no direct feedback from vendors, i'm not sure if
this represents lack of interest or prudence in waiting for specification
stability. Getting some clarity in this area should provide some light on
where the document is heading regarding the CR implementation experience.

Thanks,
Cameron Jones