Re: MAUR (Yet Again)

Hi, Shane:

RE Josh's "Open Description" comment resolution ...

I think we have it right in the comment processing wiki:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/MAUR_Comment_Processing_2#Comment_27_on_DV5_and_DV6

And, I note that our commenter, Josh Miele, has accepted our disposition
of his comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg-comments/2015OctDec/0008.html

However, in the current MAUR draft I see our DV requirements introduced
as: "Systems supporting described video that are not open descriptions
must: ..."

I think this is wrong. We should not name any particular
standard/specification, but rather describe the behavior or situation
that qualifies any exception. That would also bring us more closely into
conformance with our own proposed disposition which Josh accepted.

So, I would suggest something like:

"Systems supporting described video where the descriptions are available
as independent file or channel resources must ..."

Thoughts, Anyone?

Janina