Re: Implementation questions around HTML structural elements and ARIA Landmarks

I think deferring to the HTML5 elements where possible makes the best
sense. I lament that there is a divergence between the aria roles and HTML
sections, but I understand why .... however, it causes extra time in my
training classes with developers to explain the situation.

NVDA defaults to announcing the aria-roles not the html5 elements. ASIDE
shows up as COMPLEMENTARY in the landmarks list etc...

But still I think the the HTML has better names.

Contentinfo is a little different because I usually apply it to a small
part of the footer which has the policy links, copyright link and address
etc... rather than all the links in the fat footer.

I'd like to see more use of the Role="Search"

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902