Re: [MEDIA] Actions for Media Sub-Group

On 04/24/2014 06:57 AM, Mark Sadecki wrote:
> HTML Accessibility Task Force Media Sub-Group,
>
> Our next meeting will be on 28 APR 2014 [1].  An agenda will go out on Friday.
> Be sure to review the proposed agenda on the Media Sub Group Wiki [2] During the
> last Media Sub-Group teleconference [3], the following actions were taken:
>
> * Janina to discuss adding Mark as editor to Media Accessibility User
> Requirements [UPDATE] This was discussed on the PF editors call today.
> * Janina to re-publish comment processing notes from Shenzhen with appropriate
> permissions.
> * Janina to develop new language for 3.4 (Clean Audio) and 3.3 (Extended Video
> Descriptions)
> * Mark to reword 3.5 DOM references [UPDATE] will send proposed text in a
> follow-up email.
> * Mark to follow up with deaf community on language for 3.7 [ECC-4] [UPDATE]
> Mark is in discussions with Christian Vogler from TTWG on this topic.
>
> I met with Daniel Davis and Kazuyuki Ashimura from the Web and TV Interest Group
> earlier this week.  They are currently drafting up Use Cases and Requirements
> for their second iteration of work and are interested in collaborating with this
> group on accessibility issues.  I invited them to join our next meeting [1] and
> have added an agenda topic for this discussion to the beginning of our agenda.
>   They are both on Tokyo time and this meeting will be quite late for them.

# resending after joining the list :)

Thanks a lot for this invitation, Mark!

I think I should provide some information on the Web&TV IG's work using:
- Workshop minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/10/tv-workshop/minutes.html
- IG use cases (from the 1st iteration):
https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases

I'll skim the latest draft of the Media Accessibility User Requirements
(http://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/) as well.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

--
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Activity Lead for Web&TV, MMI and Voice
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504