Re: WCAG considering amending F65 to NOT fail missing ALT text if title or aria-label is present

F65 is a Failure Technique for 1.1.1. It is stating that if you fail F65 then you fail 1.1.1

1.1.1 States
"All non-text content that is presented to the user has a text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose, except for the situations listed below..... "

The definition of text alternative in WCAG is
"Text that is programmatically associated with non-text content or referred to from text that is programmatically associated with non-text content. Programmatically associated text is text whose location can be programmatically determined from the non-text content."

I'm don't see how a missing alt text, when the text alternative is supplied by another means such as aria-label, aria-labelledby or even title, fails 1.1.1 - assuming they are accessibility supported.

Regards,
James