Re: Moving forward with Issue-204

Hi Sam,

This is confusing.

You wrote to Janina:

> At the F2F, it was noted that a SHALL in a draft change proposal would
> have had the effect of precluding potential future advances in
> improving  accessibility.  Once that sentiment was expressed, it
> seemed to be one  that everybody in the room, independent of what
> proposal they supported, agreed with.  This lead to a change to that
> proposal that would increase consensus.

Which proposal are you referring to? The AllowAriaReferHidden [1]
proposal or the V3 proposal [2]?

I wasn't at the May 4, face-2-face meeting but from what I have
gathered John, Cynthia and Ted updated Cynthia's V2 proposal to the V3
proposal to  specifically addressed concerns raised at the F-2-F
meeting to increase consensus. V3 does not  preclude potential future
advances.

Jonas' AllowAriaReferHidden Change Proposal hasn't changed since March
 [3] (well before the May 4 F2F meeting).

> If you would like to increase consensus, I would encourage you
> to find a similar statement.

What statement in which proposal are you referring to?

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/index.php?title=ChangeProposals/AllowAriaReferHidden
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/Correct_Hidden_Attribute_Section_v3