Re: [media] change proposals for issue-152

On Mar 30, 2011, at 9:22 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

>  But I am told, UAs render them simply over each other
> at the top left corner. In any case, there will be a default rendering
> IIUC.

  This is not quite right. Every visual track in MPEG-4 and QuickTime containers, at least, has a display matrix that determines where it is rendered. The movie's display box is the union of all visual track display boxes, eg. the size and position of a visual track affects the size of its movie.

  It is certainly *possible* to render an in-band track in the top left corner, and that may be the default in some media authoring software, but it is not a requirement.

eric