Re: [media] proposed a11y TF letter on issue-152

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> I would suggest a small change to replace the words 'However, we request'
> with the word 'with', so that the sentences run together and our proposal to
> withdraw 1-3 is somewhat contingent on the changes being agreed to proposal
> 4.

I do not think that any of the change proposals 1-3 are sufficient and
all of them are inferior to proposal 4, even as it stands now. I've
asked Eric about this, too, and both him and I are going to withdraw
our proposals, no matter whether the changes are applied now or
continue to be worked on in bugs.

> It's good that Ian is sympathetic to adding things exposed by media
> containers, but I don't agree we should be constrained by that: as I said,
> others (MPEG DASH) are looking to W3C to lead on these items and some (all?)
> of the proposed 'kinds' are really pretty straightforward and obviously
> useful.

Discussion is more productive than trying to force things. In the end,
what Ian says doesn't matter - what the browsers implement does. Eric
is supportive of this and IIRC so is Frank. That's the progress you
want - not stopping a solution for multitrack from going in because
not all the details have been sorted out yet.