Re: [media] proposed a11y TF letter on issue-152

On Apr 20, 2011, at 7:43 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I would personally think that we can resolve the 5 changes through the
> bug tracker and that they are not substantial to be solved before LC.
> They are "part of the plumbing" as John put it so nicely. But it is
> indeed a good question whether turning the 5 changes into bugs would
> be agreeable with other members of the group.

I disagree that the "track kind" is "part of the plumbing". Whether you can, or cannot, discover the types of tracks available from a script makes the difference (for me at least) as to whether this multi-track support is useful or not.

I would at least like to hear Ian's opinion on the "track kind" issue before agreeing that it can be dealt with as a bug, with the associated possibility that multi-track support goes into the LC draft without this feature. It's there for text tracks and I don't see any difference in rationale when considering audio and video tracks.

...Mark