Re: Introduction: Neil Jenkins, FastMail

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, at 09:42 PM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> It's still cutting edge stuff, but I wonder: have you considered
> including the email content in a shadow tree with
> resetStyleInheritance set?

Actually, the applyAuthorStyles property is much more useful for us than
resetStyleInheritence. We simply make this false to prevent any of the
page CSS from applying and we can inject the message styles into the
shadow root. That should give exactly what we need: no cross-over of
styles. Neat! Once there's a bit of browser support, I might actually
switch to doing that in modern browsers (that'll fix the selector
precedence).

> It would be useful to know how you fare with CSP.

We've turned it back on in report-only mode and so far it's looking
good, but we'll give it a bit of time and see what shows up in the logs.
Hopefully we'll be able to turn it on fully this time.

Neil.