Re: Test document draft

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 09:18 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
>> Below is a compilation of 'issues' (talking points, etc.) I came across
>> while organizing the tests (most of these have a @@ indication):
>>
>> - No working reference to the 'public' CVSROOT for the test suite
>
> That presumes there is a public CVS repository for the test suite.
> I have not set one up; not yet, anyway. The only public repository
> is the hg repository, which is currently only updated manually.
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1#test_scm
>  -> http://homer.w3.org/~connolly/projects/grddl-tests/

No repository is needed. Let's not make work.

>>    (couldn't find grddl-wg anywhere in :pserver:anonymous@dev.w3.org:/sources/public)
>> - Atom/Turtle test case has 'informative' status despite WG consensus
>
> that's a simple matter of updating the testlistN file to cite the record
> of the WG decision to approve the test. I don't have a clear memory of
> approving it yet.
>
>>    on the expected behavior, demonstrated support by at least 3 implemenations.  It was meant to 'close' an issue that has yet to be
>>    addressed 'normatively' (#output-formats) and is relevant to recent LC cycle commentary

We could add (informative) text to the spec, e.g.
From:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-comments/2007JanMar/0063
I think it would be better to have a paragraph, maybe as a second para
in section 7,
along the lines of
[[
The transformation property relates the XPath document nodes
to an RDF graph. These need not use RDF/XML as an intermediate
stage. To give an XSLT example, see testlist1#atomttl1, in which
the attribute-value media-type="text/rdf+n3" on the xsl:output
element indicates a different media type, from the default
value, within GRDDL, of "application/rdf+xml". GRDDL agents
that can process such a media type, can then produce an RDF graph
in accordance with the media type. Non-XSLT transforms may
indicate the RDF graph in some other, unspecified, fashion.
]]

Jeremy