Re: RDFa, Embedded RDFa and GRDDL

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Harry Halpin wrote:

> "as newer work such as RDFa  and Embedded RDF" due to the fact that a
> RDFa->RDF/XML GRDDL transformation

See: http://www-sop.inria.fr/acacia/soft/RDFa2RDFXML.xsl
(used in the test suite, I believe)

> Re RDFa, we have left  the spec open enough so that a GRDDL  result is
> defined in terms of graphs, not RDF/XML, so a GRDDL result can be a RDFa
> document.
>
> However, we cannot demonstrate any test cases or put anything in the primer
> as of yet concering RDFa except a fairly cursory notice that we should in
> theory be able to work with RDFa unless:
>
> 1) There is a GRDDL XSLT transformation that takes RDFa marked up-text and
> produces RDF/XML (much like Embedded RDF currently does) that can be used by
> our test-harness and primer,

See above..

> or (more work):
>
> 2) a RDFa aware parser that produces a graph that can be machine-readable,
> and so used directly in our test harness.

The GRDDL.py impl. uses RDFLib which includes a native RDFa parser, so
'theoretically' we can do this provided we resolve unambigous mappings [1]
from XSLT output formats (or registered mime-types) to how the RDF parser
should proceed.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Nov/0136.html

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst