Re: RDFa, Embedded RDFa and GRDDL

On 24/01/2007 00:58, Harry Halpin wrote:

> The use of SPARQL inequality does not work unless datatypes are
> consistent. Therefore unless Embedded RDF supports data-types we should
> probably move the example currently in the primer to RDFa, and test to
> see if Fabien's XSLT supports use of XML Schema datatypes in RDFa.

I agree this might be a problem and it's a limitation of eRDF - no
datatyping. The glean-hcal transform adds in rdf:datatype attributes for
dtstart and dtend so there's a basic incompatibility there. I don't
think there's a quick fix for eRDF so either we amend the primer
scenarios or we look for alternate expression such as RDFa.

One way might be to use Sparql constructor functions[1] and rewrite the
FILTER as:

FILTER ( xs:dateTime(?start1) = xs:dateTime(?start2) &&
xs:dateTime(?stop1) = xs:dateTime(?stop2) && ?url1 != ?url2 &&
?location1=?location2) .

Would that work?

Ian
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#FunctionMapping