Re: Best way to embed Semantic Data

On 2/10/07, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org> wrote:
> Simone,
>    Good questions!

:)

>    Without chair's hat on, I'd say the problem with microformats is
> when you want to combine lots of them they can be ill-defined, and also
> sometimes you want to express semantic data (say, data about rare
> birds!) that there isn't a microformat for. However, since there is so
> much microformat data out there, and it is *easy* to use and has a
> user-community, it makes sense to use microformats when the data you
> want to express maps to microformats, and use GRDDL to get RDF out.

I think same as You regarding Microformats, so implementing on the
same page a lot of microformats can be generate more confusion and
disorder also on code-reading (I don't know for machines, but Yes for
humans).

>    However, if you want something you can deploy now that can express
> any semantic metadata in RDF, the way to go is Embedded RDF. It has a
> few minor limitations (No XML Schema datatypes) but works out the box
> with a GRDDL client to extract RDF.

Of course, I've just printed [7] and looking for an implementation.
Well, I've also tested grokFOAF but one of limitation (connected with
simple implemetation) is the absence of combining seeAlso to link
simply other FOAF (one of the most important features of this)

>    RDFa does a lot of things Embedded RDF does, but (correct me if I'm
> wrong here BenA and IanD), but likely will be a full-fledged first-class
> citizen RDF syntax with Schema data-types, etc. However, it's still in
> the works, so I'd keep it on the radar for future projects.

Yes, I've also talked with Pasquale Popolizio of websemantico.org (he
initiate me to the Semantic Side of Web) and we agree that in future
RDFa will be the best way.

>             -harry

Thanks for reply,

Simone