Re: GRDDL and IETF: Need "HTTP Header Linking"

Formally, entry in the permanent header field registry requires a
standards-track specification or equivalent.  Entry in the provisional registry
simply requires a specification, and could be done now based on Mark's draft,
but doesn't guarantee that a different Link: specification can't also be
registered (but that would be discouraged).

I think that what could be done now is to request a permanent registry entry
based on the RFC 2068 specification (based on that, Link headers can
legitimately appear in the wild, even though its not present in later
specifications), with a commentary noting that it has been dropped from later
HTTP specifications and is being developed separately with a reference to Mark's
draft.

#g
--

--