Re: Draft spec text for HTTP Headers

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 09:45 +0000, Ian Davis wrote:
> Using GRDDL With HTTP Headers
>
> To accommodate XML dialects that do not have the necessary extension
> mechanisms in either their schemas or instances we can use HTTP headers
> to specify the necessary profile and transformation.
>
> To associate an instance document with a GRDDL transformation include a
> Link and a Profile header in the HTTP message. The Link header contains
> the URI of the transformation and a "rel" parameter having a value of
> "transformation". The Profile header contains the URI of the GRDDL
> profile http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view

Ah... profile header... that addresses a follow-your-nose concern
I had while brushing my teeth this morning. Did you make up
the profile header? Ah.. no...  it's in mnot's June 16, 2006 draft.
http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-00.txt

but it's not yet registered. We'd probably have to wait in
CR until it's registered. That seems OK to me, I think.
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc3864.txt
http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/