Re: XML schema CC use case

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 20:31 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:42 AM, Ben Adida wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been tasked with writing up the XML schema Creative Commons use
> > case [1,2].
>
> I just found the start of some slides that overlap with this topic.
> In case they're useful...
>
>    Integrating Data from Multiple XML Schemas with GRDDL and RDF
>    http://www.w3.org/2003/g/talk2/grddl-xsch.html

In the primer, I just noticed:

  WE NEED A DESCRIPTION OF THE TECHNICAL SOLUTION HERE
  I.E. HOW DO WE SPECIFY IN THE XML SCHEMA THAT EACH
  ONE OF ITS INSTANCES IS A GRDDL SOURCE DOCUMENT.
  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/doc43/scenario-gallery.htm
  v 1.32 2006/09/13 16:44:24

and that reminded me of some work on the details:

    Creative Commons GRDDL story / demonstration
    Eric Miller, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
    15 October 2004, rev. 2 February 2005
    http://www.w3.org/2003/g/cc/demo.html

Is that world-readable? Ah yes. Good.
My checked out version of it has these files; they're all
in http space too:

~/w3ccvs/WWW/2003/g$ ls cc
CVS                    oai-sample1-mod-target.rdf
oai-sample1-mod2.xml
OAI-PMH-annotated.xsd  oai-sample1-mod.xml              oai-sample1.xml
cc-licenses.xsd        oai-sample1-mod.xml.psvi.1.html
oai.indiana.sample.xml
demo.html              oai-sample1-mod.xml.psvi.2.html  rdf.xsd
oai-cc.to.rdf.xsl      oai-sample1-mod.xml.psvi.3.html  xhtml-divs.dtd

Hmm... the GRDDL source document looks like it's supposed to be
oai-sample1-mod.xml , but I don't see any path from there to
a transformation.

Ah... it looks like that's still TODO:
 * To do: Modified OAI XML Schema to include schema annotation
 * Create XSLT script for exracting CC information from OAI records
 * GRDDL sample OAI instance data

Actually, do we need that level of detail for the primer?
As I said[14Sep], the details have been worked out in another case.
We should perhaps work out the details of the CC/OAI case as another
section of the primer. But how about just deleting
the big "WE NEED..." notice from the primer for now?

[14Sep]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2006Sep/0103.html