Re: XML schema CC use case

Dan Connolly a écrit :
> In the primer, I just noticed:

You must be talking about the "use cases"

> Actually, do we need that level of detail for the primer?
> As I said[14Sep], the details have been worked out in another case.
> We should perhaps work out the details of the CC/OAI case as another
> section of the primer. But how about just deleting
> the big "WE NEED..." notice from the primer for now?
All the othe use cases have at least one paragraph (usually one of the
last paragraph of each use case) of the form:
"To implement such a use case the XYZ document is turned into a GRDDL
source document by doing bla bla bla.
 Then a GRRDL processor can identify the GRDDL transformation by doing
bla bla bla and extract RDF/XML to feed an RDF Store  that is then (...)"

If we don't write this for the XML Schema use case it will look as if it
is the only one with no technical solution proposed yet.

Personally my first understanding was that:
"To ensure that every instance of a document following the OAI schema is
a valid GRDDL source for CC, the OAI can modify their schema to make it
compulsory for each instance of that schema to:
 1 - reference the right profile;
 2 - include a link to the right transformation;
 3 - include compulsory metadata"

Then I wondered if the solution you were talking about was rather to
base the GRDDL transformation on the XML schema structure to "scrap" the
instances of the XML Schema.
Finally, reading the "Creative Commons GRDDL story" [1] I wonder if the
solution is not based on annotating the schema itself and using it to
propagate decoration to instances.
In other words I am lost here. So I really need the group to agree on a
technical scenario i.e. just a few sentences like the ones of other use
cases ex:

"Kayode designs a web-based user interface that works with a GRDDL
Processor which picks computer-based patient records from a remote
server. Each is a GRDDL source document associated with transforms that
extract clinical data as RDF expressed in a universally supported
vocabulary for a computer-based patient record."

or

"Reviews published using hReview microformat can be discovered using
existing search services. These GRDDL source documents can be consumed
by a GRDDL Processor to extract the RDF which is then aggregated
together in a store. Information about the reviewers can also be
aggregated from various sources including hCard and XFN microformats and
autodiscovered FOAF profiles possibly gathered by a scutter1 from
Stephan's own profile. The filtering may be achieved by running SPARQL
queries against the aggregated data, presented to the user through
regular HTML form interfaces."

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/g/cc/demo.html

--
"No man is an island, entire of itself;