Re: [#issue-output-formats] Four options for discussion

On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 09:19 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2006-09-20 at 08:23 -0400, Harry Halpin wrote:
> > ... snip ...
> > The way I would probably phrase it in the spec is to say
> > that the grddl:transformation property relates a document
> > to an algorithm whose input is XML
> > and whose output is RDF abstract syntax.
>
> I very much like this compromise (much more so than mandating RDF/XML
> explicitely knowing fully well that there are several other alternative
> syntaxes with significant critical mass), my only additions would be:
>
> 1. To speak of the 'associated' GRDDL transformation algorithm directly
> rather than say the grddl:transformation property relates ... (only because there are
> additional ways an algorithm can be associated with the source)

What additional ways? Aren't they all ways of expressing
an RDF statement whose property is grddl:transformation?
I suppose the spec hasn't been clear about that so far. Hmm.

> 2. I would emphasize that the output is 'mime-typed' (as Ben put it) RDF
> abstract syntax.

Why? Do you think it's important to exclude the case of, say, a
an algorithm expressed in javascript whose result is a bunch of API
calls, rather than a textual output?