Re: Initial draft for the GRDDL Scenario gallery (XForms case)

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 23:34 -0400, Chimezie Ogbuji wrote:
> Below is an overview for the XForms usecase for the gallery
>
> Use case #3 - A GRDDL Profile for XForms-based Webapps: Tom wants to extract transport
>  semantics from an online form used to edit blog entries.
[...]
> Tom wishes to write a general GRDDL profile that extracts

Is that really his end goal? Surely writing a GRDDL profile
is a means to some higher level end?

Also... these two bits have a tone that I'm not comfortable
with...

> In particular, the Atom Publishing Protocol's use of HTTP and <a
> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_Old_XML">POX</a> (Plain Old XML)

>  without the necessity of a top-heavy web
> service stack to capture the service endpoints available at Tom's weblog.

I don't see how they add to the use case, nor what they
have to do with GRDDL. Let's just cheer for our team;
no need to boo the other guys.

> Additionally, I attempted a first cut at such a profile:
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/GRDDLProfileForXForms
>
> This particular usecase overlaps a bit with (or could be the perfect segue
> for) the Atom/OWL usecase, so I tried to have the focus be on the Atom
> Publishing Protocol instead of the Atom syntax itself - which works well
> for this usecase since it emphasizes the use of XForms submission
> elements for targeting service endpoints for managing atom entries.
>
> I hope this works.  I could possibly drill down further, but I wasn't sure
> of the level of detail we were going for with these.

And example of the input and output of the transform might help me see
what's going on better.