Re: comments on GRDDL tests (base URIs)

On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]
> 5) Bigger issue
> I initially got confused, because for some of the tests the input and
> output documents contain different RDF! (Not just the testlist1
> document). The problem is that the files are identical (i.e. the
> output files are exactly what an XSLT transform would produce).
> But, the original document is read with one base, e.g.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1.html
> and the output document is read with a different one, e.g.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1.rdf
> This gives different results.

Well, yeah; so don't do that.

> For that particular case, I passed the test (modulo point 1), by using
> content negotiation to get the two versions of the file from
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/grddl-wg/td/testlist1

This business of using the test manifests as a test case is sorta cute,
but it's
not something I'm putting a priority on.

For the tests that are actually in the current manifests, I think the
base URIs
of the input documents are reasonably clear.

> For some of the tests this cannot be done, since they do not have a
> common URL with content negotiation.

Really? Which tests?

>  I am not sure what change I am suggesting. In my code, I end up
> reading the output file as if it were from the input file, before
> comparing the two RDF graphs.

exactly.