Re: Resolving DCAT/ADMS Versioning (was Re: Naive question on DCAT versioning)

Reading through the thread it seems there is universal disapproval of my
second sentence but general agreement with the first. Therefore may I
propose that the editors implement the first change only, namely:

In Section 4, Vocabulary Overview, the paragraph that begins "Notice
that a dataset in DCAT is defined as... " is appended with:

"DCAT does not have a prescribed concept of versioning. It is up to the
implementer whether a modification creates a new dataset or is simply a
more recently modified version of the same dataset. A versioning
mechanism is defined for ADMS, which is a profile of DCAT."

This, I hope, meets Antoine's basic point but does not, I hope, create a
contradiction or restriction that properly belongs elsewhere if anywhere.

Phil.

--

Phil Archer
W3C eGovernment