Re: Resolving DCAT/ADMS Versioning (was Re: Naive question on DCAT versioning)

I disapprove of the "arguably a terrible policy". But anyway that's not my point.

My basic and important discomfort is that DC does not say anything about the use of dcterms:modified for versions of datasets. I'm aware that DCAT shouldn't say much, too. But it should at least tell that there's no policy: versions are important, users of DCAT will seek on how to represent it. And these users may think that DCAT recommends dcterms:modified for version, if there's no clear hint that actually DCAT does not recommend anything.

For me pointing to a specific pattern (without enforcing it) was a way to tell it. I reckon it is not optimal. Something more direct would work for me too:
"We remind you that DCAT has nothing to say about representing versions. dcterms:modified may fit your needs, or it may not. Please wait for a best practice to emerge, or try to make one yourself."
I'm just not sure whether the editors want to be as direct in the spec.

Antoine