Re: Link to RDF vocabulary for QB

Sandro may correct me but I'm not aware of any specific rules on this so
AIUI you're free to do as you wish. However...

The doc in /TR space is the normative one - anything else is a
copy/derivative and any disparity needs to be handled somehow. The fact
that the QB namespace is in purl.org and published under a different
licence makes the case even more strongly IMHO for one or other doc to
be normative and, not surprisingly, I'd say that w3.org/TR is the one to
choose.

As well as the possible disparity issue, the /TR space doc includes a
lot of explanation that is absent from the schema, with only some of
that text marked as non-normative. If you have text that is normative in
one doc and not in the other, they both can't be normative.

Whether you choose to make any changes, let alone how and where you
choose to link is, as I say, up to you as editor (modulo any requests
from the WG). DanBri does it a little differently
(http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/) - and that seems fine too, although,
without wishing to keep labouring the point, it would need clarity on
what was and what was not normative if it were in /TR space. At CR very
little can be changed but providing a link to the schema at the top of
the spec is something some people find useful.

HTH

Phil.

--

Phil Archer