Re: [QB] ISSUE-29 Well-formedness

From: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:08:08 +0000
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: Government Linked Data Working Group <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
Hi Richard,

Still working through the details of this.

I have some questions over:

On 02/03/13 19:30, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> qb:order on components within a dataset must be consecutive integers starting with 1

Do you regard qb:order as mandatory?

In the current text we say "may be ordered by ..." so I have always
regarded this as optional. Which makes this check odd.

In other applications where I have an ordering predicate I've generally
found it preferable to allow orderings to be sparse, makes them easier
to manage.

I'd like to propose that the only well-formedness check on qb:order be
that they must be integers (which is already implied by the datatype
checking).

Dave