Re: Collecting Best Practise Process for GLD - the 10 steps to GLD / LOD

Hi Martin,
Thank you for both your request and use case scenario for the '10 steps to LOD'.  The goal of the W3C Government Linked Data Note on Best Practices was to produce a high level technical guidance to a Web developer or IT manager contemplating an LOD publishing effort.  I think we can improve the document to satisfy the criteria you outline.

A question for you -- does the Summary of Best Practices [1] contain the key points based on the scenario you describe?  Are there some we missed?  If so, please let us know.

We (the editors) are actively updating the Best Practices document based on comments before the WG wraps up.  I'm happy to update it to provide info along the lines of the '10 steps to LOD' for a public authority.  The original LOD Cookbook [2], published on a W3C wiki page, was an effort towards but was written back in 2011.  We know more now & time permitting, I'll update it.

FWIW, I have also written FAQ's for linked data projects aimed at managers.   I'm happy to share this informative guidance in the spirit of collaboration & sharing information by practicing LOD experts rather than W3C-specific guidance conforming to W3C process.

What do people think of publishing such FAQ & guidance on GitHub?  The current Project Open Data is US specific.  Does that matter?  Suggestions?

Cheers,

Bernadette Hyland, co-chair
W3C Government Linked Data Working Group
Charter: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html#summary-of-best-practices

[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook