Re: ISSUE-12 (valuesForDataFormat): What values to use to describe formats of dcat:Distribution? [DCAT]

I referenced both Ivan's and Ed's work in a earlier post - and yes, even
suggested bringing Ed's into w3.org. Nice to see I'm not the only one
who struggles to read one e-mail in 4! Bernadette's points about the
Purl federation and the work done there are valuable too.

The answer is, I think, that there is no single answer. It comes down to
trust, as in: who do you trust to be around in 40 years' time?

That, of course, is unknowable so I think I'm happiest with, again,
pointing to the "this is what we mean by a stable URI scheme" in the
best practices doc and then maybe giving one or two examples and finally
saying that if they can't find one then "foo/bar" is a reasonable
fall-back.

>>> http://dbpedia.org/resource/JPEG

--

Phil Archer